以下为《英语期末考试题库》的无排版文字预览,完整格式请下载
下载前请仔细阅读文字预览以及下方图片预览。图片预览是什么样的,下载的文档就是什么样的。
英语考试题库
英译中
Unit1
I?had?suffered?a?lot?of?personal?blows?and?felt?emotionally?stretched.
我遭受了许多个人挫折,感到精神压力很大
it?wasn’t?long?before?we?were?meeting?up?after?work?for?dinner,?ladies?night?and?
sightseeing?excursions.
很快我们就在下班后一起吃饭,光顾女士之夜,短途观光旅行
I?loved?that?they?accepted?me?for?my?socially?awkward?self.
让我感到欣慰的是他们接纳了不善社交的我
We?had?fun?at?work?listening?to?trashy?90s?music,?drinking?our?daily?Starbucks?
and?serving?our?friendly?regulars.
我们工作时其乐无穷,听着粗俗的90年代音乐;每天喝着星巴克咖啡,服务着我们那些友善的老顾客
We?traded?food?and?beer?and?stories?and?most?days?it?didn’t?feel?like?my?job.
我们交换食物和啤酒,相互讲故事,大多数日子里我不觉得自己是在上班
But?I?couldn’t?live?in?North?America?and?not?see?more?of?it,?so?I?saved?up?what?I?
could
不过我不能身在北美却不多走出去看看,于是我尽可能攒钱
I?was?proud?of?myself?for?constantly?stepping?out?of?my?comfort?zone?and?
embracing?the?unknown.
令我自豪的是,我能不断跨出自己的舒适圈,拥抱未知
My?heart?and?my?head?are?constantly?torn?between?what?they?want?in?the?future.
至于我的生活将来怎么过,我的情感和我的理智往往处在冲突之中
But?then?there?is?also?the?part?of?me?that?would?like?to?have?a?home?and?nest?for?a?while.
然而另一方面,我又想要一个家,想过上一段安慰的日子
Oh,?and?I?kind?of?want?a?dog.?Now?that’s?nesting.
我还想养一条狗,这样就更有家的感觉
I?will?always?follow?my?heart?and?do?what?makes?me?happy.
我将始终追随着我心底的欲望,做让我开心的事
Unit2
Where did this sense of not being enough come from?
这种不满足感来自于哪里?
I’d love to say that need vanished when the last episode of that comic strip ran, but alas, it seems to have only gotten worse.
我多么想说,随着最后一集连环漫画的结果,这一心态也不复存在了。可是,唉,情况似乎变得更加糟糕。
Prior to the late 1880s, most of us were so busy trying to make a living that we didn’t care what the Joneses were doing, nor did we know, for that matter.
19世纪80年代末以前,我们多数人都在忙于生计,既不关心,也不知道邻居们在做什么
And much of that assessment was, and still is, based on a perceived lack of things we’re told we should want or have.
这种评估很大程度上是,现在仍然是,基于我们被告知应该想要或拥有的东西感知缺失。
the vicious cycle of keeping up with the Joneses perpetuated itself ad infinitum.
因此,赶上邻居的恶性循环使永无止境
I see the cultural messaging everywhere that says that an ordinary life is a meaningless life.
我看到到处传递着一个文化信息,断言普通生活就是无意义的生活。
Because ultimately, you decide if you’re going to buy into this idea that you’re not good enough.
因为最终是否接受你还不够好这一想法,由你自己说了算
So it’s time to take some pressure off yourself and stop trying to keep up with the Joneses — or anyone else for that matter.
所以,现在你该卸去你身上的压力了,不要再跟邻居攀比,也不要跟其他任何人攀比。
Do some soul searching and ask yourself what “enough” really looks like.
自我反省一下问问自己足够究竟是什么样子
If you can’t put a cap on it, you’re chasing the wind.
如果你不能设定一个上限,你便是在追风。
Actions speak louder than words
行胜于言
Unit3
The cooking, the cleaning and the childcare were all amazing bonuses that I don’t dare complain about,
她做饭,打扫,带孩子,这一切都是期望之外的收获,我不敢有任何怨言
At times, this level of generosity made me look over my shoulder waiting for the other shoe to drop.
有时,这种慷慨大度令我心神不宁,不知道接下来会有什么事
In my Western eyes, he was falling short of my expectations and wasn’t honouring his role as a father.
从我一个西方人看来,他没有做到我所期待的,没有担当起父亲的责任
his prioritizing work-related time away from home rather than coming home to be with his daughter.
他优先考虑外边与工作有关的事务,而不是回家陪伴女儿
Our fights seemed to get us nowhere, however.
然而我俩的争吵似乎不解决任何问题
We were clearly two people looking at the same painted wall and each declaring it different colours.
我们显然就是两个人看着同一面油漆的墙,而说它的颜色不一样
I felt myself teetering backwards.
听了,我气得几乎站立不稳
but my preference is for greater involvement from her daddy so that my daughter understands a strong parental unit.
我宁愿孩子他爹能多承担一些,这样女儿就会懂得父母是一个紧密相连的整体。
But I argue that as the sole model for the Canadian side of my daughter’s cross-cultural heritage, we need to strike a balance between both cultural parenting practices.
但是我认为作为我的女儿跨文化传统中唯一一个代表加拿大传统的人,我们需要在这两种育儿文化传统中达成一种平衡。
He sees this as the normal difference between mothers and fathers.
他觉得这是当爹和当妈的正常的区别。
While the men were locked in their own conversation, I vented some of this conflict with the wife.
两个男的聊得挺欢,我就对那媳妇吐槽了我和老公的“冲突”
“After getting away with not changing very many for his daughter, when the time comes to change my mother-in-law’s diapers, it will most definitely be her son’s job!”
她儿子逃避责任,没怎么给自己女儿换尿布,等我婆婆需要别人换尿布时,这将肯定是她儿子的工作
Unit4
they search for work that is personally fulfilling, not just a job but an adventure.
他们寻找的是能使自身满足的工作,是一种带有风险的探索,而不单单是一份工作
Your 18-year-old may head for college with pre-med in mind
你那18岁的孩子上大学时,想的是念医学预科
It’s important to them to carve out a space where they can make their own decisions.
重要的是要开拓能够自己做决定的空间
And most are in no particular hurry, although nearly all get there eventually.
并且,多数人并不特别着急,尽管几乎所有的人最终都要进入成人期
something they regard with mixed feelings.
而在这一点上他们的心情很矛盾
Why shouldn’t young people take most of their twenties to try out many possible paths?
年轻人有什么理由不利用二十多岁年龄段的大部分时间去尝试许多可能的途径呢?
But there’s a downside as well.
但是也有不那么理想的一面
Sometimes parents are surprised and dismayed to find that the emotional and financial responsibilities of parenting last for many years longer than they had anticipated.
有时候,他们的父母亲发现其养鱼责任无论在情感还是经济上都比他们预期的要多持续很多年,这让他们感到吃惊乃至沮丧
Encourage them and provide support when they seem open to it, but learn when to step back and let them make their way — including their mistakes — on their own.
要鼓励他们,并且他们看起来愿意接受时,为他们提供援助和支持,但要学会择时放手,让他们走自己的路
It’s a delicate balance.
这是一个微妙的平衡
Unit5
Players take turns to place black or white stones on a board, trying to capture the opponent’s stones or surround empty space to make points of territory.
棋手们轮流在棋盘上落下黑子或白子,试图吃掉对手的棋子,或者在棋盘上围地得分
it has captured the human imagination for centuries.
数个世纪以来,它一直令人神往
Then fell checkers in 1994.
1994年,电脑又征服了西洋跳棋。
machines have topped the best humans at most games held up as measures of human intellect. But with Go, human grandmasters have maintained an edge over even the most agile computing systems.
机器在大多数被认为是人类智力衡量标准的游戏中已经打败了最好的人类玩家,但在围棋上,人类围棋大师即使是对最敏捷的计算机系统也一直保持着优势。
Traditional AI methods don’t have a chance in Go.
传统的人工智能方法,在围棋上击败人的机会渺茫。
We built a system, AlphaGo, that combines an advanced tree search with deep neural networks.
我们建立的阿尔法围棋系统,将高级树型检索与深度神经网络结合在一起。
We trained the neural networks on 30 million moves from games played by human experts
我们要用围棋专家下过的300万手棋来训练神经网络。
But our goal is to get the better of top human players, not just mimic them.
然而,我们的目标是打败最好的人类高手,而不是模仿他们。
We are thrilled to have mastered Go and thus achieved one of the grand challenges of AI.
让电脑精通围棋,胜利通过人工智能界的最大挑战之一,让我们激动不已
Because the methods we’ve used are general-purpose, our hope is that one day they could be extended to help us address some of society’s toughest and most pressing problems
因为我们使用的方法是多用途的,所以我们希望有一天它们能够得到拓展,帮助我们解决社会上最艰难,最迫切的问题。
中译英
Unit1
如果你准备充分,你的出国打工假期能成为最有益的经历之一。
If you are fully prepared, your working holiday abroad can be one of the most rewarding experiences you can ever have.
以下是一些小建议。
Here are some tips.
首先,你需要通过浏览相关(relevant)网站来明智地选择目的地。
First, you need to choose your destination wisely by browsing relevant websites.
然后,尽早地填写所需要的文件、申请签证、预订机票。
Then fill out the necessary paperwork, apply for a visa and book your flight as early as possible.
出发前努力学习新的职业技能,这能让你在国外有更多的工作选择,帮助你积攒足够的钱去旅游。
Try to learn some new job skills prior to your departure, which can give you more employment options abroad and help you save up enough money to fund your/pay for travel.
到国外的最初几个星期里,人们经常会感到焦虑不安或者有点困惑,所以你要对这种情绪上的压力有所准备。
Within weeks of arriving in a foreign country, people often feel stressed out or kind of confused, so be prepared for the emotional stress.
同当地人交朋友,而不是单独冒险。
Make friends with local people instead of taking the adventure solo.
尽可能多地出去观光旅游,并用文字记录或拍下你去过的地方。
And whenever possible, go on sightseeing excursions and capture the places you visit in words or pictures.
最后一点是跟着感觉走,做自己真心想做的事。
Last, always follow your heart and do what you truly want to do.
Unit2
你所在的居住区或许住着几户有钱的邻居。他们住着大房子,开着运动型多功能车(SUV)。
In your neighborhood there may be some wealthy families who live in big houses and ride in SUVs.
街坊里有些人一点都不在乎,而另一些人可能觉得不仅要跟他们一样,而且在这方面还要超过(outdo)他们。
While some people in the neighborhood don’t care a bit about that, others may feel like not on 内容过长,仅展示头部和尾部部分文字预览,全文请查看图片预览。 ise to trust a woman’s intuition.
Nobody has really cracked the problem of targeting advertising only to the right customers.
The 9/11 terrorist attacks changed the lives of many Americans in a(n) profound way.
Can you call back in two hours? I need time to process these questions.
Your intellect is wasted on that job. Why not quit it and work for me?
Let’s face reality and make some tough decisions as to which factories we are to close.
It was no easy job for our soccer team to best theirs.
[文章尾部最后500字内容到此结束,中间部分内容请查看底下的图片预览]
以上为《英语期末考试题库》的无排版文字预览,完整格式请下载
下载前请仔细阅读上面文字预览以及下方图片预览。图片预览是什么样的,下载的文档就是什么样的。